competition | RAINBOW DANGER CLUB wants you to design the cover art for their new album
For any artist looking to have their work immortalized on the cover of a CD, we’ve got an opportunity for you!
Shanghai-based indie band Rainbow Danger Club is offering a 1200 RMB prize to an artist who can submit the best album cover art for their new album. As a bonus, your image will likely be featured on MTV iggy as well as on many other blogs around the world.
CREATIVE BRIEF ///
- Medium: You are free to use any medium you want like: water-color, painting, collage, photography, illustration, graphic design, etc. (or any combination of these)
- Style: Can be simple like a child’s drawing, or can be complex with mixed media….no limits!
- Dimensions: Square
- Art Direction:
- An old sailing ship (simply-drawn) falling off the edge of the earth
- A very, very large moon with stars and clouds in the background
- Design should have an old “vintage” look – like a color illustration from 1850s – 1930s, or an old, weathered photograph
- Have a magical, childish, but somewhat scary feel (the band’s music is a combination of magical, scary stories)
- Link here to download some reference images for inspiration
- All submissions must be receive by February 15, 2010. Send your submissions to EDGE@Neocha.com with “Rainbow Danger Club” in the subject.
See below for the submissions we post as we receive them.
For more creative / design competitions on NeochaEDGE, link here. /// SL
DESIGN SUBMISSIONS ///
shaozi (aka: spoony) ///
shihui weng ///
chengsi lu ///
Jessica Imhoff ///
Joanna Zobjeck ///
Helen Monroe ///